Right now I want to introduce to you one of the crucial successful free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer On-line Battle Area), which is oriented towards the well-known Warcraft three - Map "Protection of the Ancients".
For individuals who by no means performed DotA (are there any?) and who do not know the game idea I will clarify it in detail:
League of Legends doesn't put excessive requirements on your PCs. You want not less than:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.zero capable video card, - 750 MB free laborious disk area, - DSL or comparable
Create an account both on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, relying on the place you live. You may as well create an account on US whereas residing in Europe however you'll expertise greater pings then. I offer you a link to create an account in my writer's bio. Choose a name (always the hardest half) and a pleasant picture and off you go!
There are 2 groups 5 gamers (there are extra game modes, but they aren't vital in the beginning because as a newbie you must begin with 5vs5 to study the gameplay). Earlier than every match you all select a "champion" who's the character you need to use in battle. Dependant on your personal preferendes it can be e.g. an undead mage, a large granite golem, a bit of boy riding on a Yeti, a brave knight and many more.All in all there are greater than 80 (!) different champions and every second week one is added.
Each champions has four different talents (3 normal and one further robust, the "Final") and a passive, which he has because the beginning. You study the talents by leveling up ingame and your max champion level is eighteen which suggests that you've 5 factors in every normal means and 3 in your ultimate.
You receive experience for levelling up by:
1. Being near when enemy minions or impartial monsters are killed by your troops (it isn't essential to kill them yourself!)
2. killing or helping to kill enemy champions
In the beginning you usually play no matter you want, later it is helpful to speak together with your teammembers earlier than the match begins so that you have a balanced setup and not 5 champions of the identical kind.
The completely different sorts of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means potential power, they primarily deal magical damage with their talents)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Harm, they mainly deal physical harm with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They are laborious to kill and defend their very own carries, for example by gorgeous or taunting the enemies)
4. Helps (They have either buffs or heals to support their carries and hold them alive)
5. Junglers (They don't start within the lane but within the jungle and help their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The interesting point is: Relying on the items you equip in your champions they are typically able to fulfill totally different roles!
In the beginning you don't have personal champions, but every week there are 10 free ones which everyone can use. After some matches you can buy extra champions with influence factors (IP) within the shop. I'll come to this later.
The map has 3 totally different lanes, which lead from your individual to the enemy base. On these lanes there are a number of Towers which you could destroy earlier than you may assault the bottom itself. As a assist your essential constructing ("Nexus") spawns minion waves briefly intervals which make it easier to in fights. Between the lanes there's the "jungle", the place neutral monsters are located. In case you kill these you receive gold and/or temporary buffs.
As soon because the match begins everyone has a couple of minute to spend his beginning capital on gadgets within the shop.
This doesn't take long since you don't have a lot gold in the beginning. There are different ways to earn gold in the game:
1. Everyone receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or impartial monsters (right here it is very important give them the final blow, the so referred to as "lasthitting")
3. Killing or assisting to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are a number of gadgets which grant you extra revenue (the so known as gold/5 objects -> they provide you 1 gold each 5 seconds)
For those who destroy the enemy primary building (Nexus) your team wins. For being able to assault the Nexus, nevertheless, it's a must to destroy all three towers and the inhibitor on no less than one lane and the two towers which defend the Nexus. So it is not the very best concept to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 for those who don't push the lanes at the same time. An average match takes 30-45 minutes, hardly ever more than an hour. As quickly because the match reaches minute 20 it is also doable to surrender.
Extra game modes are a 3vs3 and a reasonably new domination map ("Dominion") the place you must seize and defend sure points. As well as there are ranked modes for gamers with summoner degree 30 (rationalization follows) through which you receive an Elo count relying on your wins and losses. For newbies I extremely suggest the normal 5vs5 map!
league of legends t-shirt shop of Legends additionally has an RPG part. You do not only select a name and an image for your self (you are a so known as "summoner", do not mix it up with the "champions") but you are additionally able to level up your self and buy small buffs with Influence Factors (IP).